This topic has made me think a lot of my past. I have thought about all the needlepoint, cross stitch, crocheting, painting, household crafts, canning, sewing baby clothes and children's clothing, gardening, and even woodwork that I have done. What makes me kind of sad is that I haven’t done much of that In the past few years. I’m sure that working 9 out of my 16 waking hours could have something to do with it, and that until just 4 months ago I was a financially struggling single mom. I did however just recently make a couple of baby quilts. Okay you caught me, “making” now consists of cutting the edges of fleece and tying it in a knot. I do long for the day that I can
sit by the pool and crochet,
and sit on the beach and paint,
and even walk in my English garden with gold plated pruning shears.
Oh maybe one day I can go back to the good old days of doing more by hand. But until then I will be satisfied to sit in front of a computer all day and let binary code take over. If I could only figure out how to get my PC to make homemade strawberry freezer jam.





1 comments:
You more than anybody I know deserves to be able to do all of those things, and I do believe at some time you will.
Post a Comment